ASKETT GREEN

 

Built in 1962 on the Lower Green

Footnote: Mike and Celia White bought the bottom of Mary's garden, which was an overgrown disused chicken run, as a building plot in 1960. The land had belonged to The Old Forge (now Griff Cottage) since at least 1880 - probably earlier. Askett Green was not built on the Lower Green. Even back in those days planning laws existed!

 

Click HERE to return to the map.