THE POUND

Traditionally the place where stray cattle were held until claimed and a fine paid. There used to be a large padlock on the pound that existed at the beginning of the twentieth century.

The pound was last used in 1920 and was pulled up for firewood in the last war. It was replaced by a local benefactor as a reminder of an old practice and a village tradition.

Click HERE to return to the map